And it is at the frontiers of research -- at millikelvin temperatures, nanometer dimensions, kilogauss magnetic fields and giga-electron-volt energies -- that it's easiest to fall into Murphy's traps.
What does GEV stand for?
GEV stands for Giga-Electron-Volt (one billion electron-volts)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GEV
We have 17 other meanings of GEV in our Acronym Attic
- George Elliot Underground (band)
- Girls' Education Unit (Ghana Ministry of Education)
- Glendale, AZ (airport code)
- Graduate Employees Union (Michigan State University)
- Gravidanza Extrauterina (Italian: Ectopic Pregnancy)
- Guidance Electronics Unit
- Groupe d'Étude en Urologie Pédiatrique
- Danmarks Og Grønlands Geologiske Undersøgelse (merger DGU and GGU - Denmark's and Greenland's geological survey)
- Greenville Electric Utility System (Greenville, TX)
- Generalized Error Variance
- God's Eye View (aviation)
- Ground-Effects Vehicle (Hovercraft)
- Guardie Ecologiche Volontarie (Italian: Voluntary Ecological Guards)
- Gumbel Extreme Value distribution (reliability)
- Gigaelectronvolts per Atomic Mass Unit
- Garden Empire Volleyball Association (Mt. Kisco, NY)
- Glen Ellen Vocational Academy (equine retirement; California)
- Global Exchange Vacation Club (Mission Viejo, CA)
- Generalized Extreme Value Distribution
- Gandhi Earth Vision Foundation (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The results indicate that the top quark is probably heavier than the Z boson, which has a mass expressed in energy units of 91 giga-electron-volts (GeV), or nearly 100 times the proton's mass.
and the 1-2 giga-electron-volt synchrotron at Lawrence Berkeley (Calif.