The idea of discipline-based art education that was associated with the Getty Center for Education in the Arts during the 1980s and 1990s may be understood as contributing to a major effort by writers to recast the aims and teaching of art in the schools.
What does GCEA stand for?
GCEA stands for Getty Center for Education in the Arts (Los Angeles, CA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GCEA
We have 15 other meanings of GCEA in our Acronym Attic
- Ground Communications Electronics
- Ground Communications Equipment
- Ground Crew Ensemble
- Groupe Caisse d'Epargne (French: Group Savings Fund)
- Groupement des Créateurs d'Entreprises (French: Business Group Creators)
- Gymnasium Christian-Ernestinum (German school)
- General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (examination)
- Galveston County Economic Alliance (Texas)
- General Commission for Environmental Affairs (Syria)
- Generalized Cost Effectiveness Analysis
- Green Country Environmental Associates (magnetic fluid conditioning systems)
- Gunnison County Electric Association (Colorado)
- Gulf Coast Environmental Affairs Group
- General Certicate of Education Advanced Level Examinations (UK)
- Génie Climatique et Équipements du Bâtiment (French: HVAC and Building Equipment)
- Gérard Cébério Enveloppe du Bâtiment (French building company)
- Giving Children an Even Break (Ireland; education)
- Graduate Certificate in E-Business
- Golf Course Environmental Baseline Assessment
- Glenfield College Eccentric Cyborgs (robotics team; New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
``He cares deeply about this city, almost as if it were a small town,'' says Leilani Duke, director of the Getty Center for Education in the Arts, a principal player in the master plan phase.
A week ago, the campaign got a boost from Val Marmillion, a Los Angeles-based national arts advocate who provides consulting for such institutions as the Kennedy Center and the Getty Center for Education in the Arts.