The water could be used for irrigating parks or landscaping or - eventually - for replenishing the underground aquifer, rather than creating new farm fields just to get rid of it, committee members say.
What does GROI stand for?
GROI stands for Get Rid of It
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GROI
- Global Resource Observation Group (formed 2001)
- Goodwood Racehorse Owners Group (UK)
- Groupes Régionaux d'Observation de la Grippe
- Guide du Rôliste Galactique (French gaming group)
- General Purpose Reverse-Ordered Gossip Gathering System
- Get Rid of Him
- Government Regional Officers' Housing (Shenton Park, Australia; Department of Housing and Works)
- General Register Office Index (UK)
- Genomic Region of Interest (genome biology)
- German Range Officer Institute
- Guaranteed Return on Investment
- Graphical Representation of Jungian Archetypes
- Genealogical Relations of Knowledge (University of Kent at Canterbury; UK)
- Graphical Representation of Knowledge Laboratory (University of Iowa)
- General Radiotelephone Operators License (issued by the Federal Communications Commission, USA)
- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego (Polish: Shunting Operations Response Group; military; Poland)
- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Mobilnego (Polish Special Forces unit)
- GROningen MOlecular Simulation package (computer simulation)
- Global Register of Migratory Species
- Grupo de Reacción Operativa del Municipio de Saltillo (Spanish: Operational Response Group of the Municipality of Saltillo; Saltillo, Mexico)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's still costing us $30-35 a ton to get rid of it but we're only getting rid of one-third as much as we used to, and tipping fees are coming down again.
LR: It's amazing how in California (or maybe it's worldwide by now) one thinks that one can externalize something like that and get rid of it, I mean without taking it in.