A 7-kDa prion protein (PrP) fragment, an integral component of the PrP region required for infectivity, is the major amyloid protein in Gerstmann-Straussler-Scheinker disease A 117V.
What does GSSD stand for?
GSSD stands for Gerstmann-Straussler-Scheinker Disease (prion disease)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSSD
We have 12 other meanings of GSSD in our Acronym Attic
- Global Shared Service Centre (Malaysia)
- Global South Steering Committee (various organizations)
- Glory Shed Supporters Club (Western Australian soccer fan club)
- Guelph Synchronized Swim Club (Canada)
- Gulf States Shipbuilders Consortium (est. 2006; Mobile, AL)
- Genealogical Society of Santa Cruz County (California)
- German Shepherd Schutzhund Club of Canada
- Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce (Maryland)
- General Support Systems Division
- Georgia Soccer Support Division
- Global Strike Support Document
- Good Spirit School Division (Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Greensburg Salem School District (Pennsylvania)
- Ground Systems Support Directorate
- Georgia State Square Dancers Association, Inc.
- General Social Survey Data and Information Retrieval System
- Games of the Small States of Europe
- Generic Substation Status Event
- Gilwern Social Science Enterprise (UK publisher)
- Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise (Colorado State University College of Business)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Less common are the transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs), including Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), Gerstmann-Straussler-Scheinker disease (GSSD), and fatal familial insomnia (FFI).
Except for 1 patient with Gerstmann-Straussler-Scheinker disease, all of these patients had sCJD.