According to the Geriatric Mental Health Foundation, nearly 15 percent of those older than 65, and almost half of nursing home residents have depression.
What does GMHF stand for?
GMHF stands for Geriatric Mental Health Foundation (American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GMHF
- Gay Men's Health Centre (HIV/AIDS organisation, Melbourne, Australia)
- Gay Men's Health Collective (clinic; Berkeley, CA)
- Gay Men's Health Crisis (AIDS organization)
- Global Missions Health Conference (Louisville, KY)
- Gloucester Maritime Heritage Center (Gloucester, MA)
- Greater Manchester Hazards Center Ltd
- Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation (est. 1970; Minneapolis, MN)
- George M. Holmes Convocation Center (Appalachian State University)
- General Motors Hughes Electronics
- Georgia Music Hall of Fame
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund
- Grandfather Mountain Highland Games (North Carolina)
- Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center (California)
- Global Modular Housing Lanka
- Great Midwest Hockey League (East Lansing, MI)
- Greater Metro Hockey League (Ontario, Canada)
- Giant multicentric hyperplasia of the lymph nodes
- Greater Madison Healthy Lawn Team (Wisconsin)
- Georgia Mental Health Network
- Geriatric Mental Health Outreach Program (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the Geriatric Mental Health Foundation, the percentage of nursing home residents struggling with depression is upwards of 50%, while the lowest rate occurs among the elderly living in their own homes.
Toward that end, the Geriatric Mental Health Foundation advises: