0, Atmel's GPS chipset is now capable of receiving SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation Systems) signals from multiple geostationary satellites such as WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) in the USA or EGNOS (European Geostationary Navigational Overlay System) in Europe simultaneously.
What does GSAT stand for?
GSAT stands for Geostationary Satellite
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSAT
We have 11 other meanings of GSAT in our Acronym Attic
- Glutamate Gamma-Semialdehyde Synthetase
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate Students in Arts and Science
- Grinnell Students Against Scurvy
- Garden State Australian Shepherd Association (New Jersey)
- Georgia Society of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (Tallahassee, FL)
- Geological Society of America Special Papers
- General Staff Annual Salary Review (University of Otago; New Zealand)
- General Scholastic Aptitude Test
- General Security Awareness Training (UK)
- Global Satellite Data Acquisition Team
- Global Situational Awareness Tool (US DoD)
- Grade Six Achievement Test (Jamaica)
- Graduate School Admissions Test
- Ground System Acceptance Test
- GTE (General Telephone and Electronics) Satellite Corporation
- Greenville Spartanburg Anderson Technology Council (South Carolina)
- General Support Automatic Test Equipment
- General Support Automatic Test Support System
- Geological Society of Alexandria University (Egypt)
Samples in periodicals archive:
net, uses geostationary satellites already orbiting the earth above the equator.
It also plans geostationary satellites for its CyberStar two-way digital data transmission system, to be rolled out beginning in late 1997.
The service utilizes the Inmarsat system of geostationary satellites to ensure maximum quality of service, the fastest message delivery times.
ICO Global Communications (Holdings) Limited ("ICO") (NASDAQ:ICOG) today announced that the Federal Communications Commission ("FCC") has granted ICO's request for milestone extensions in connection with the construction and launch of ICO G1, the company's geostationary satellite for ICO North America.
GSM/UMTS operators are increasingly using geostationary satellites for backhauling cellular traffic from remote cell sites to their switching centers, particularly in those locations where geography and/or distance challenge the viability of more traditional backhauling technologies, such as microwave or terrestrial leased lines.
ICO North America (ICO) today announced that it has signed an agreement to launch its geostationary satellite on an Atlas V rocket provided by International Launch Services (ILS).
Patterson has accomplished numerous milestones since the advent of the world's first commercial geostationary satellite "Early Bird" in the sixties, including President Nixon's historic visit to the People's Republic of China in 1972, marking China's entry into the world of satellites.