The United States Board on Geographic Names is expected to decide on the issue in late November, while the Geographical Names Board of Canada has approved a resolution to adopt the name contingent on US approval, said a statement by Washington State.
What does GNB stand for?
GNB stands for Geographical Names Board (Australia)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GNB
We have 41 other meanings of GNB in our Acronym Attic
- Generic Enhanced Teleservice Transport
- Governmental & Nonprofit Annual Update (publication)
- Grassroots Network against War (Ireland)
- Greater Nashville Animal Welfare (Tennessee)
- Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
- Global Net Access, LLC (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Gardner National Bank (Gardner, KS)
- Gas Non-Blowback (pistol)
- Gaussian Normal Basis
- Gears and Beers
- Gesellschaft für Nuklear-Behalter, MbH
- Ging Nang Boyz (band)
- Global Networked Business
- Goliath National Bank (How I Met Your Mother fictional bank)
- Good News Bible
- Gould National Batteries, Inc.
- Gram-Negative Bacillus
- Graphical Network Browser (Nortel)
- Great North Badge Company (UK)
- Greensburg (Amtrak station code; Greensburg, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The administrative history of the Lands Department is also covered, including the establishment of the Central Mapping Authority in 1951 and the Geographical Names Board in 1966.
The entry of data into the GNR was not 100% accurate by any means, and we've been glad to return some added value by sending occasional lists of corrections to our colleagues at the Geographical Names Board at Bathurst.