Geographic Names Information Systems Web site lists about two dozen variations of the lake's spelling, but none that corresponds with the chamber of commerce signs, which where replaced in 2003.
What does GNIS stand for?
GNIS stands for Geographic Names Information System (US Geological Survey)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GNIS
We have 8 other meanings of GNIS in our Acronym Attic
- Guru Nanak Institute of Management Technology (India)
- Global Network for Isotopes in Precipitation
- Graphic Novel in Progress
- Gross National Income per Capita
- Guru Nanak International Public School (India)
- Geometric Nonverbal Intelligence Quotient
- Grand N'Importe Quoi (French)
- Gerontological Nursing Interventions Research Center (University of Iowa)
- Gemini Near Infra-Red Spectrograph (astrophysics)
- Geographic Names Information Service (USGS)
- Global NDT Internet Superhub (NASA JPL)
- Good News Internet Services Inc. (Cincinnati, OH)
- Groupement National Interprofessionnel des Semences, Graines et Plants (French)
- Guangzhou Nanhu International School (China)
- Greater Noida Institute of Technology (India)
- G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science (India)
- Game Networking Jakarta (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Gaynet Japan (est. 1988)
- Greater New Jersey
- Greater New Jersey Annual Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
gov/or Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) at http://geonames.
The Geography Librarian informs the authors of the new library resource, GNIS: Geographic Names Information System.
Geological Survey will contribute geographic information and databases Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) and GeoData index references to their library of digital mapping products.
The Geographic Names Information System The USGS Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) was developed in cooperation with the U.