RMSI), the Indian geographic information services division of Risk Management Solutions (RMS) for a nominal consideration.
What does GIS stand for?
GIS stands for Geographic Information Services
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GIS
We have 419 other meanings of GIS in our Acronym Attic
- General Information Session
- General Investigative Section (Canada RCMP)
- Generalized Iterative Scaling
- Generation Information System (software)
- Genome Institute of Singapore
- Genossenschaftlicher Informations Service (German: Cooperative Information Service)
- Gentran Integration Suite (Sterling Commerce)
- Geodata Interoperability Specification
- Geografisch Informatie Systeem (Dutch: Geographic Information System)
- Geographic Imaging Solutions
- Geographic Information Solutions
- Geographic Information Studies
- Geographic Information System
- Geographical Imaging Software
- Geographical Information Science
- Geographical Information Services
- Geographical Information System
- Geographical Intelligent Survey
- Geographisches Informationssystem (German)
- Geophysical Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Edith Vorderstrasse manages the consulting division, which provides regulatory, community relations and geographic information services.
Sediments have been shaping Bangladesh's coast for thousands of years," said Maminul Haque Sarker, director of the Dhaka-based Center for Environment and Geographic Information Services (CEGIS), who led research for the study.
Scientists from the Dhaka-based Center for Environment and Geographic Information Services (CEGIS) have studied 32 years of satellite images and say Bangladesh's landmass has increased by 20 square kilometres (eight square miles) annually.
Drawbacks of Geospatial Web Services There are of course many drawbacks to utilizing geospatial Web services or relying on them as a core information resource within geographic information services, including the following: * Application performance when using Web services will frequently not match that which can be achieved using locally loaded data.
This should be increased by using OGC WFS and WMS, since a failure at one site may not lead to a failure of the entire other geographic information services (Worboys 1995; Tsou and Buttenfield 2002).
Services * Back office operations (business process outsourcing) * Medical transcription * Geographic information services * Content creation * Web design * Hotline support for personal computers * Telecom services * Computer systems design * Data processing * Online information services * Data enrichment Hardware * Components * Contract manufacturing * Assembly software * E-business applications * Multimedia product development * Local adaptations of software applications Creating the E-trade Environment E-readiness Being e-ready--in terms of culture, skills and environment--greatly enhances countries' success with applying ICTs to trade.
A further reason for the company's choice is the cluster of businesses in the area specialising in geographic information services.