You can expect to hear from OSD policy makers, Functional and Geographic Combatant Command leadership, Department of the Navy Staff, capability developers at the USMC and Navy, as well as strategic planning and concept development.
What does GCC stand for?
GCC stands for Geographic Combatant Command
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GCC
We have 473 other meanings of GCC in our Acronym Attic
- General Credit Card (India)
- General Curriculum Committee
- Generations Can Connect (Canada)
- Generic Cascaded Canceller
- Generic Cell Controller
- Generic Command Center
- Generic Conference Control
- Genesys Convalescent Center (Flint, Michigan)
- Génie Civil et Construction (French: Civil Engineering and Construction)
- Geocentric Coordinate System
- Geographical Combatant Commander
- Georgia Council of Chiropractic
- Georgian Court College
- German Canadian Congress
- German Chaos Crew (gaming clan)
- German Conference on Chemoinformatics
- German Cross Country
- Germanna Community College
- Germantown Cricket Club (Germantown, TN)
- Gillette, WY, USA - Campbell County Airport (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Here's the complexity of this operation--you have kinetic effects in one Geographic Combatant Command (GCC), generated out of another GCC, partnered with a coalition, with resources from a third GCC, then NATO reinforced by international partners [that are] not a part of NATO.
AFRICOM) is the Department of Defense's (DoD) newest geographic combatant command (COCOM), beginning initial operations on Oct.
To date, DISAM has contacted and collected data from all the Geographic Combatant Commands and their components, and the three military departments - Navy is collecting data from the USMC and the Coast Guard.
Africa Command (AFRICOM), a Department of Defense (DOD) geographic combatant command with a focus on strengthening U.
The proliferation of DDOCs across many of the geographic combatant commands recognizes the need for this capability and the effectiveness of this concept.
The JDDOC has now been created by the DPO in every geographic combatant command, including the U.
Future operations are likely to be distributed, and conducted rapidly and simultaneously across multiple areas within a single theater, or across boundaries of more than one geographic combatant command.