144) The IEA notes that "many initiatives are underway such as the Gas Shales in Europe ('GASH'), coordinated by the German GeoForschungsZentrum (GFZ) and The Institut Francais du Petrole (IFP).
What does GFZ stand for?
GFZ stands for Geoforschungszentrum (Potsdam, Germany)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GFZ
We have 1 other meaning of GFZ in our Acronym Attic
- Government Fiscal Year
- Graphitic Filament Yarn
- GMail for Your Domain
- Great Falls Yoga Institute (Virginia)
- Gear for Your Kitchen (book)
- Go Find Your Mom (polite version)
- Go Find Your Self (polite form)
- Good for Your Soul
- Garlock Fault Zone (California)
- Gay Friend Zone
- German Fun Zocker (gaming clan)
- Grenade Free Zone
- Gun Free Zone (various locations)
- Gun-Free Zone
- Ghana Free Zones Board (established under the Free Zone Act, 1995)
- Air Guyane - French Guiana (IATA airline code)
- Editorial Gustavo Gili (publisher; Spain)
- G-Gundam (Anime)
- Gadu-Gadu (Polish messenger application)
- Gadugadu (Indonesian cuisine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, the Live Earthquake mashup displays official earth quake reports using data feeds from the United States Geological Survey (USGS) to show earthquakes for the previous seven days, European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre to show earthquakes for the previous 24 hours, and GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam also for the previous 24 hours.
The Central Asian Institute for Applied Geosciences is an independent non-profit organization, founded in 2002 on the basis of a cooperation agreement between the Government of Kyrgyzstan and the German GeoForschungsZentrum, Potsdam.
DLR provided the launch, and the GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam, Germany, operates the GRACE mission.
These missions are: CHAllenging Minisatellite Payload (CHAMP) for geoscientific and atmospheric research, managed by the GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ); and Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE), initiated by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Department of Energy, Germany's GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam and India's Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas ended a successful weeklong test on Sunday to tap the gas, METI said.
Prior to working for the industry, he was an academic leader at the GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam and lecturer at the University of Freiberg, Germany.
form=setplan&lang=en; * Norway is establishing a CO2 emissions trading scheme that mirrors that used in the European Union, although there will be fewer pollution credits, protecting prices; * German scientists coordinated by the GeoForschungsZentrum, Potsdam, will inject 60,000 tonnes of CO2 into a saline aquifer more than 700 metres underground near Ketzin, west of Berlin, then monitor how the gas behaves over two years.