A genuine occupational qualification exists when the essential nature of the job, or particular duties attached to the job, call for a member of one sex - when circumstances, role or location mean only one gender can be considered.
What does GOQ stand for?
GOQ stands for Genuine Occupational Qualification (employment discrimination legal term; UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GOQ
We have 1 other meaning of GOQ in our Acronym Attic
- Górskie Ochotnicze Pogotowie Ratunkowe (Polish voluntary mountain aid organisation)
- Game of Pure Strategy (Goofspiel)
- Giga Operations Per Second
- Global Outdoor Photographic Society
- Governor Oil Pressure System (Hymatek, Norway)
- Great Outdoors Palm Springs (Chapter of California Great Outdoors, Inc. )
- Goals, Objectives, Planning, Tactics
- Grande Olde Players Theatre
- Gaussian Orthogonalized Plane Wave
- General Officer Quarters
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Arfon Rhys MAY I inform Frank Biggs (Daily Post letters)it has been the practice in the job market to pay a premium for extra skills which are genuine occupational qualifications.
This way, candidates would at least be selected for interview purely on the basis of qualifications, experience and quality of job application instead of unnecessary categories such as gender, unless of course there is a genuine occupational qualification for the post.