The next big milestone in the development of the language, however, was the creation in 1875 of the Genootskap van Regte Afrikaners (the Society of Real Afrikaners) in Paarl.
What does GRA stand for?
GRA stands for Genootskap van Regte Afrikaners (Dutch)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GRA
We have 130 other meanings of GRA in our Acronym Attic
- Gamma-Ray Astrophysics
- Garcia Research Associates (Burbank, CA)
- Garda Representative Association (Dublin, Ireland)
- Gas Regulatory Authority (various locations)
- Gellman Research Associates
- Genealogy Research Associates (Utah)
- General Rate Application (NTPC, Canada)
- General Risk Assessment
- Generale Raad Van Advies (Dutch: General Council of Advice; Netherlands)
- Generalized Rytov Analysis
- Geochemistry Research Association (Japan)
- Geographical Routing Algorithm
- Geophysical Research Abstracts (open access publication)
- Georgia Racquetball Association
- Georgia Rehabilitation Association
- Georgia Research Alliance
- Getting Ready for Algebra (education)
- Ghana Revenue Authority (Accra, Ghana)
- Ghost Rider Annual (Marvel comics)
- Girls Rodeo Association, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was an important figure within the development of Afrikaner nationalism,4 and with his participation in various important endeavours (as one of the founding members of the Genootskap van Regte Afrikaners (Fellowship of True Afrikaners), as well as of the Afrikaner Bond; editor of Die Patriot; (5) and author of numerous articles and books) contributed a great deal to the establishment of this ideal.
Aan die een kant hanteer ek die onderverdeling in stadia soos Bybelvertalingsbeweging, Beweging van die Genootskap van Regte Afrikaners en die Afrikanerbondbeweging, maar uit die alternatiewe beskouing het ek die Afrikaans-Maleier Taalbeweging en die Hollandse Beweging oorgeneem.