George Church is professor of genetics at Harvard Medical School; director of the Lipper Center for Computational Genetics, DOE Genomes to Life Center, NIH Center for Excellence in Genomic Science, and the Personal Genome Project; as well as member of the Wyss Institute and Broad Institute.
What does GTL stand for?
GTL stands for Genomes to Life (US Department of Energy Office of Science)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GTL
We have 71 other meanings of GTL in our Acronym Attic
- Group Transient Key Security Association (network encryption)
- Great Turtle Kayak Tours (Mackinac Island, MI)
- Getting to Know You
- Game Theory and the Law
- Gas-To-Liquid technology (natural gas, synthesis gas)
- Gaseous Tritium Light
- Gem Trade Laboratory (Gemological Institute of America)
- Generalized Transmission Line (equations)
- Genetic Technologies Limited (Australia)
- Genetic Testing Laboratories (various locations)
- Geomagnetic Tail Laboratory
- Georgia Tech Lorraine (Georgia Institute of Technology; Metz, France)
- Germanium, Tin and Lead (conference series)
- Gilway Technical Lamp
- Glass Training Ltd (UK industry training body)
- Global Tele-Systems Ltd (India)
- GLOCK Tactical Light (Smyrna, GA)
- Going through Life
- Gone to Lunch
- Government Task Leader
Samples in periodicals archive:
The main section, titled All About Functional Genomics, is an assemblage of links to relevant outside resources such as "omics" glossaries and the Department of Energy Genomes to Life program.
BUSINESS WIRE)--June 25, 2003 Highlights include bioethics panel on responsibilities of scientists and publishers in national security issues, workshop on DOE's new Genomes to Life Program With the completion of the Human Genome Project, the scientific community is now faced with the even greater challenge of analyzing the resulting data from this and other large-scale genome projects to better understand the networks underlying biological function.
When IBEA applied for a grant from the Department of Energy in 2002 (as part of the Genomes to Life initiative), the group outlined a project to construct an artificial chromosome.
Karp presented the results of the NIH-supported research at last week's Genomes to Life conference in Washington, D.
We are pleased to receive this grant from the Department of Energy who has already recognized the potential for model-driven systems biology through their Genomes to Life Initiative," said Christophe Schilling, Chief Technology Officer of Genomatica.