of London, UK) assemble 46 chapters on the impact of obesity on reproductive health, for students in obstetrics and gynecology, reproductive medicine, general medicine, general surgery, public health, and health care management, and specialists in genito-urinary medicine, infertility, and other areas.
What does GUM stand for?
GUM stands for Genito-Urinary Medicine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GUM
We have 42 other meanings of GUM in our Acronym Attic
- Greater Upstate Law Project
- Grenada United Labor Party
- Group Universal Life Program (insurance)
- Gruppo Ricercatori e Utenti Logic Programming (Italian: Association for Logic programming)
- Generic Upper Layer Security
- Georgetown Undergraduate Linguistics Society (Georgetown University; Washington, DC)
- Griffith University Law Society (Australia)
- Grooming Using Light Tree
- Glen Urquhart Land Use Partnership (Scotland, UK; community development organization)
- Groupe d'Utilisateurs de Linux de l'Université de Sherbrooke (Quebec, Canada Linux users group)
- Global Update Manager (software)
- Glowny Urzad Miar (Central Office of Measures; Warsaw Poland)
- Gosudarstvennyj Universalnyj Magazin (Russia; government Universal shop)
- Grammar Usage Mechanics
- Grand Unified Multicast
- Great Unwashed Masses
- Guam, Guam - Ab Wonpat International Airport (Airport Code)
- Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (ISO)
- Games Uniting Mind and Body (Louisiana)
- Global Unified Metamodel of the Biosphere (ecosystems)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Genito-Urinary Medicine nurse Harpreet Basi said: "This is all about raising awareness of HIV/Aids and to get rid of some of the stigma and taboos associated with it.
Testing for HIV and all sexually transmitted infections is both free and confidential at Genito-urinary Medicine (GUM) clinics.
If things don't improve she should see her GP or get a check-up at the Genito-urinary Medicine (GUM) clinic to check it isn't a medical problem.
Dr Mary Browning, a consultant in genito-urinary medicine for the Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust, said: "We are seeing a lot more of patients with this highly-infectious bacteria and these cases are in the early stage of infection which indicates they have acquired the infection recently.
95 Paperback RD571 Complaining that there is little, if any, teaching of male genital disease for primary care settings, the authors (a consultant dermatologist and consultant in genito-urinary medicine from Dewsbury & District Hospital in the UK) present a quick reference guide covering dermatological and genito-urological medicine of the male genitalia.
Some 99,230 cases of uncomplicated chlamydial infection were diagnosed at genito-urinary medicine (Gum) clinics, with a further 14,972 diagnosed as part of the National Chlamydia Screening Programme.
If your GP won't refer you, you can self-refer to your local genito-urinary medicine clinic and they will run some tests and get to the bottom of your pain.