Adabas, Generation Data Groups (GDGs), and sequential files were moved to Adabas, GDGs (supported through UniKix BPE), and sequential files on the new target system.
What does GDG stand for?
GDG stands for Generation Data Group (mainframe related file grouping method)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GDG
We have 35 other meanings of GDG in our Acronym Attic
- Global Distributed File System (Acirro)
- Graphical Data Fusion System
- Guided Depth-First Search
- Generalized Discrete Fourier Transform
- Good Foot (Canadian clothing store)
- Greater Detroit Foreign Trade Zone (Michigan)
- Gla-Domainless Factor X
- Gamebend Dota Gaming
- Gavin Degraw (singer/songwriter)
- Generation Data Group
- Gettysburg Discussion Group (est. 1995)
- Gewerkschaft Der Gemeindebediensteten
- Giving Direct Globally
- Global Development Gateway
- Global Development Group (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Google Developer Group (computer programming)
- Guideline Development Group (UK National Health Service)
- Georgia Dairy Goat Breeders Association
- Glenn Dale Golf Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
Adabas, Generation Data Groups (GDGs) and sequential files were moved to Adabas, GDGs (supported through UniKix BPE) and sequential files on the new target system.
zBatch is tightly integrated with NetCOBOL for Windows and includes support for important features such as Generation Data Groups (a means of cycling data files automatically), utilities like IEBGENR, IEFBR14, IKJEFT01 and print spooling services that preserve the layout of mainframe report files while delivering them in PC and Web-compatible formats.