The LTO Ultrium format generation 4 provides for drives with backwards-compatible read-and-write capability with the Ultrium format generation 3 cartridges, and backward read capabilities with Generation 2 cartridges, helping to protect the investment customers have made in LTO technology.
What does G2 stand for?
G2 stands for Generation 2
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of G2
We have 8 other meanings of G2 in our Acronym Attic
- Gestation Day 19
- Guanine at 1934 Base Pairs
- Give One, Get One (One Laptop Per Child initiative)
- Group 1 Molecules
- Glucose 1-Oxidase
- Glucose 1 Phosphate
- Gravida 1 Parity 0 (obstetrics)
- Good One Side (plywood grade)
- Assistant Chief of Staff, G2 (Intelligence)
- Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence & Security (DCSINT)
- Global State 2 (virtually off; computing state)
- Gnutella2 (peer to peer network)
- Got To
- Guardian Two (UK newspaper supplement)
- Intelligence Staff at Corps & Division
- period in cell cycle from completion of DNA replication to beginning of cell division
- Group of 20 (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, México, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, United States and European Union)
- Grumman G-21 Goose (amphibious aircraft)
- Glycine 212 was Replaced with Valine
- Association des personnes atteintes d'une micro délétion 22q11 (syndrome diGeorge) et leur famille
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transfer rates in generation 3 reach up to 160 MB per second (MB/s) from 80 MB/s in generation 2 (assuming a 2:1 compression).
Transfer rates in generation 3 increase up to 160 MB per second (MB/s) from 80 MB/s in generation 2 (assuming a 2:1 compression) allowing for up to 576 GB of backup performance per hour.
Generation 3 drives offer backwards-compatible read- and-write capability with the Ultrium format Generation 2 cartridges and backward read capabilities with Generation 1 cartridges helping to preserve user investments and ease integration of the LTO Generation 3 technology.
Transfer rates improve to 80-160MB per second from 40- 80MB per second in Generation 2 compressed (assuming a 2:1 compression).
23, 2002 HP, IBM Corporation and Seagate Removable Storage Solutions, the technology provider companies (TPCs) for the Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Program, today announced that EMTEC Magnetics GmbH, Benchmark and ADIC have taken out the first Ultrium format Generation 2 license packages.