To answer the questions, GAO reviewed documents including VBA policies and training curricula; interviewed VBA central office officials; visited 4 of VBA's 57 regional offices, which were selected to achieve diversity in geographic location, number of staff, and officewide accuracy in claims processing; and compared VBA's training and performance management to generally accepted practices identified by GAO.
What does GAP stand for?
GAP stands for Generally Accepted Practices (various organizations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAP
We have 528 other meanings of GAP in our Acronym Attic
- Gel Analysis Program
- Gemeinsame Agrarpolitik (German: Common Agricultural Policy / European Commission, aka: CAP)
- General Academic Pediatrics (various locations)
- General Accounting Procedure
- General Ambulatory Practice (University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry)
- General Area Plot
- General Assembly Program
- General Atlantic Partners
- General Aviation Propulsion
- Generalized Availability Program (satellite communications availability calculation tool)
- Generateur Automatique de Programmes (French: Report Program Generator)
- Generic Access Profile (Bluetooth, DECT)
- Generic Access Protocol
- Generic Address Parameter
- Genocide Awareness Project (abortion)
- Genre, Audience and Purpose (writing)
- Geographical Address Parity
- Geography, Archaeology and Palaeoecology (various locations)
- Geometry and Physics (conference)
- Geophysical Abstracts In Press
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is the first step in creating an industry-wide dialogue on generally accepted practices to measure senders' reputations and improve deliverability of "false positive" emails.
Once approved, sites must continue to adhere to the organisation's eGAP or eCOGRA Generally Accepted Practices, or risk losing the seal - ensuring greater continued protection for players.
IIBA has become the leading association in the world of business analysis through the creation of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge[R]()(BABOK[R]), the collection of knowledge within the BA profession reflecting the current generally accepted practices.
These changes have recently been captured and measured in the most comprehensive research study of the field conducted to date: the seventh Generally Accepted Practices (GAP) study.
eCOGRA's Generally Accepted Practices (eGAP) provide an international framework of best operational and player protection standards and its "Play it Safe" seal is currently the industry's only independently verified certification that consistently rechecks recipients through a globally recognised international auditing firm.
COBIT provides an authoritative, international set of generally accepted practices that help boards of directors, executives and managers increase the value of IT and reduce related risks.
The 30-minute online course, which emphasizes internationally-recognized, generally accepted practices for end-users in most industries, is being promoted by the American Bankers Association (ABA), the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), and the Information Technology Information Sharing and Analysis Center (IT-ISAC) to their respective members and industries.