A necessary and sufficient condition for a finite set of data on individual consumption and prices to be consistent with the maximization of some nonsatiated utility function is the satisfaction of the Generalized Axiom of Revealed Preference (GARP), a generalized version of WARP (Varian 1982).
What does GARP stand for?
GARP stands for Generalized Axiom of Revealed Preference (choice behaviour)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GARP
We have 51 other meanings of GARP in our Acronym Attic
- General AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) Reference Model (computer applications)
- Geographic Areas Reference Manual
- Global Access to Recycling Markets
- Groundfish Assessment Review Meeting (US NOAA)
- Group of Archivists of the Region of Montréal (est. 1982)
- Gary Burrell & Min Kao (founders of Garmin, GPS equipment maker)
- Global Arthritis Research Network
- Greater Arkansas River Nature Association
- Global Applied Research Network
- General Attribute Registration Protocol (Cisco)
- Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (Association of Records Managers & Administrators)
- Generic Attributes Registration Protocol
- Global Aids Response Progress (UN)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals
- Global Atmospheric Research Program
- Global Atmospheric Research Project
- Gratuitous ARP (Address Resolution Protocol)
- Groupement des Assedic de la Région Parisienne (French: Assedic Group in the Paris Region)
- Growth At a Reasonable Price (investing style)
- Guide to the Assessment of Rates of Veterans' Pension