First, they help unite RNA polymerase with general transcription factors, molecules that make possible the reading of any piece of DNA.
What does GTF stand for?
GTF stands for General Transcription Factor
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GTF
We have 69 other meanings of GTF in our Acronym Attic
- Gebirgs Trachten Erhaltungs Verein (German)
- Guineafowl Transmissible Enteritis Virus (animal disease)
- Genotype-Tissue Expression
- Galactic Trade Federation (fictional, Star Wars)
- Gang Task Force
- Gas Tax Fund (Canada)
- Gaussian-Type (Wave) Function
- Gay Teen Forum
- Geared Turbo Fan (aircraft engines)
- Gender Task Force (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the study, Aurox researchers examined the behavior of the donor nucleus in nuclear transplant embryos and identified several nuclear defects, including assembly of the differentiated cell-specific structural protein, lamin A, enhanced content of pronuclei in TBP, a general transcription factor, and high resistance of DNA to DNAse, all of which may affect development of the embryo.