Facebook, Twitter, online chatrooms and emails were used to befriend children in 43 of the cases brought to the regulator, the General Teaching Council for England in 2011.
What does GTCE stand for?
GTCE stands for General Teaching Council for England (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GTCE
We have 2 other meanings of GTCE in our Acronym Attic
- Guilford Technical Community College (Jamestown, NC)
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce (Tallahassee, FL)
- Greater Towson Council of Community Associations, Inc
- Gene Technology Community Consultative Committee (Australia)
- Greater Toronto Council of Camera Clubs (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Gene Technology Community Consultative Group (Australia)
- Graduate Transition Certificate in Computer Science
- Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science
- Grand Traverse Conservation District (Traverse City, MI)
- Grand Traverse County District Court
- General Trading & Contracting Establishment
- German Tactical Commando Elite (gaming clan)
- General Theory of the Conditional Evolution of Life
- Greater Tacoma Community Foundation (Tacoma, WA; est. 1981)
- Georgia Tech Chinese Friendship Association (Georgia)
- Grammaticus Third Century Greek Commentaries (fictional book; TV show; Angel)
- Greater Twin Cities Golden Retriever Club (Minnesota)
- Greenville Tech Charter High School (Greenville, SC)
- Gopher Tortoise Conservation Initiative
- Grupo Técnico de Coordinación Interinstitucional (Spanish: Technical Group of the Interagency; Social Camisea Gas Project; Peru)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Jennifer Cockerell TEACHERS facing allegations of incompetence and misconduct are expected to escape disciplinary action due to the abolition of the General Teaching Council for England, it emerged today.
And the General Teaching Council for England (GTCE) statistics have revealed this is despite the number of primary schools which have no men teaching has fallen by 130 this year.
Education Secretary Michael Gove has announced that the General Teaching Council for England, which employs 150 people at its offices in Birmingham city centre, is to go.
The General Teaching Council for England is responsible for registering teachers and investigating alleged cases of misconduct.
The General Teaching Council for England says all teachers should maintain reasonable standards in their own behaviour to maintain an effective learning environment and uphold public trust and confidence in the profession.
Even the General Teaching Council for England says the best part of 20,000 of their members are simply not up to the job.
According to figures from the General Teaching Council for England, there are 465,672 registered teachers working in England's schools.