He joined the ink industry in 1933 as a color matcher at Capitol Printing Ink, and moved to General Printing Ink (GPI), which would later become Sun Chemical, as a laboratory technician in 1941.
What does GPI stand for?
GPI stands for General Printing Ink
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GPI
We have 189 other meanings of GPI in our Acronym Attic
- Gail Pittman, Inc. (Ridgeland, MS)
- Gallons Per Inch
- Gas and Power Investment (Japan)
- Gas Puff Imaging
- Gasket & Packings, Inc. (Borger, Texas)
- General Paralysis of the Insane
- General Parts, Inc. (various locations)
- General Pay Increase
- General Physics Institute (Russia)
- General Programming Interface (computer programming)
- General Purpose Input
- General Purpose Interface
- Generalized Policy Iteration
- Generic Product Identifier
- Generic Product Indicator (drugs)
- Generic Protocol Interface
- Genuine Progress Indicator
- Gerakan Pramuka Indonesia (Indonesian Scout Movement)
- Gimbal Postion Indicator
Samples in periodicals archive:
After working at General Printing Ink, Sinclair & Valentine, CP&W Printing Inks and Production Color, Louie Brewer set out to form his own company, focusing on solvent-based flexo and gravure inks, and he did , particularly well with it in the company's first decade of operations.
Murphy returned to the parent company's General Printing Ink (GPI) division in Northlake, IL as its controller.
Printers need a variety of overprint technologies in their arsenal, depending on the type of work they would like to produce, and on which existing piece of equipment they may choose to run it on," said Kevin Quinn, product manager, water-based coatings for Sun Chemical Corporation's General Printing Ink (GPI) division.
We try to be involved as much as possible with the development of these standards and provide input, so that they are friendly to our industry," said Adam Meister, divisional manager of manufacturing services, environmental and safety for Sun Chemical's General Printing Ink (GPI) Division.
Edmund Funk, Sun Chemical's vice president of sales and marketing for the General Printing Ink Division, and president of the R&E Council; Kathy Marx , Flint Ink's vice president of marketing; and Robert Throckmorton, director of corporate services at The Ink Company.