The new vice president of global human resources started her career with the automaker in 1980 as a General Motors Institute (Kettering University) co-op student at the Pontiac Motor Division.
What does GMI stand for?
GMI stands for General Motors Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GMI
We have 122 other meanings of GMI in our Acronym Attic
- Granby Memorial High School (Granby, CT)
- Green Mountain High School (Lakewood, Colorado)
- Genetically Modified Herbicide Tolerant
- Germantown Mennonite Historic Trust (Philadelphia, PA)
- Graduate Mental Health Workers
- Gareth Morgan Investments (New Zealand)
- Gas Mask Insert
- General Management Inspection
- General Military Intelligence
- General Mills, Inc.
- Generalized Mutual Information
- Generic Model Interface (simulation modeling)
- Genetically Modified Ingredient
- Genetically Modified Insect
- Genomic Medicine Institute (Cleveland Institute; Cleveland, OH)
- Geo-Marine, Inc.
- Georgia Military Institute (est. 1851)
- German-Malaysian Institute (est. 1992)
- Giant Magneto-Impedance
- Global Market Initiative (renewable energy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kettering, formerly the General Motors Institute, is a cooperative higher ed institution that is heavily loaded with engineering and technology courses.
In 1984, Knill joined the company as a cooperative education student from General Motors Institute (now known as Kettering University), assigned to GM of Canada.
She also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Administration from General Motors Institute in Flint, Michigan, which she completed in 1985.
From Student to Foundryman In March 1958, Cottrell was attending General Motors Institute (GMI), which is now Kettering Univ.
O'Neill began his General Motors career in 1964 as a General Motors Institute cooperative student at the former AC Spark Plug division in Flint, Mich.
She earned a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University and a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from the General Motors Institute.
Elmer is a graduate of General Motors Institute and holds an MBA from the University of Virginia's Darden School of Business.