Companies are classified in two general industry groups -- manufacturing and service.
What does GIG stand for?
GIG stands for General Industry Group (Australia)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GIG
We have 88 other meanings of GIG in our Acronym Attic
- Geostationary Imaging Fourier Transform Spectrometer
- Geosynchronous Imaging Fourier Transform Spectrometer
- Global Initiative for Traditional Systems of Health (UK)
- Global Integrated Funds Transfer System
- Great Ideas for Teaching Students (teaching ideas program)
- Gulf Islands Film and Television School
- Giving and Getting Information for Teaching Special Needs Children (support group; Raleigh, NC)
- Government Information from the Space Sector (UK)
- Government-Industry Fastener Working Group
- Gay International Group (Geneva, Switzerland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nalco chairman Ted Mooney says the sale will allow the firm's general industry group to concentrate on colloidal silica products and metalworking fluids.
Companies were classified in two general industry groups -- manufacturing and service.
Reverse osmosis technology provided by USFilter's General Industry group, which includes the former IWT, will be used to create water that matches specifications for industrial use as boiler feed water.
The Process Chemicals Division was up 10 percent, with the Pulp and Paper Chemicals and General Industry Groups recording strong results.