Measured by 12 items related to psychological well-being from the General Health Questionnaire (GHQ-12; Goldberg & Williams, 1991).
What does GHQ stand for?
GHQ stands for General Health Questionnaire (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GHQ
We have 1 other meaning of GHQ in our Acronym Attic
- Group Health of Puget Sound (Washington)
- Guru Harkrishan Public School (New Delhi, India)
- Greater Houston Pet Stylist Association (Houston, TX)
- Generalized H-Point Standard Addition Method
- Global Health Policy and Systems Research (Canadian health research)
- Google Hacking for Penetration Testers (book series; also seen as GHFPT)
- German Health Plans Worldwide Inc. (New York, NY & Hamburg, Germany)
- Global HIV Prevention Working Group
- Gay Humanist Quarterly (Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association magazine; London, UK)
- General Headquarters
- Georgia Historical Quarterly (Georgia Historical Society)
- General Health Questionnaire of 28 items
- General Headquarters, Air Force
- Gig Harbor Quilt Festival (Gig Harbor, WA)
- Good Hope Quilters' Guild (South Africa)
- Greater Hartford Quilt Guild (Newington, CT)
- Guangzhou Honda Quality Standers (China)
- General Headquarters Exercise
- General Hypnotherapy Register (UK)
- Genetics Home Reference
Samples in periodicals archive:
Introduction The General Health Questionnaire (GHQ) is a widely used instrument to detect non potential psychotic psychological problems.
The General Health Questionnaire (GHQ-12) was used to measure levels of anxiety (Goldberg, 1978).
Measures included the Eating Disorder Inventory, the Self-Rating Depression Scale, the General Health Questionnaire, and the Eysenck Personality Inventory (EPI).
Standardised measures, such as the General Health Questionnaire, Rosenberg Self-Esteem Questionnaire and the NEO 5 Factor Personality Inventory, will also be used.
To help provide such data, researchers led by Michael Phillips of Beijing Hui Long Guan Hospital conducted a survey -- adapted from the so-called General Health Questionnaire -- of more than 63,000 randomly selected individuals in four provinces.
They will also complete a general health questionnaire and receive advice and guidance on how to increase their activity levels.
The general health questionnaire (GHQ): comparison of the English version and a translated Indian version.