We select general computer self-efficacy as the main dependent variable for our research for two reasons: (1) as a core construct in the social cognitive theory, self-efficacy is widely accepted as a key factor regulating one's computer behaviors; (2) as a fundamental psychological state, self-efficacy shapes one's attitudes and decisions toward IT usage by influencing key beliefs such as perceived ease of use (Davis, 1989; Venkatesh and Davis, 1996).
What does GCSE stand for?
GCSE stands for General Computer Self-Efficacy (individual’s judgment of efficacy across multiple computer application domains)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GCSE
We have 6 other meanings of GCSE in our Acronym Attic
- Goshen County School District (Torrington, WY)
- Government Communications System Division
- Greece Central School District (Greece, NY)
- Groupe Conseil Saint-Denis (French: Saint-Denis Consulting Group; Canada)
- Groveland Community Services District (Groveland, CA)
- General Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists
- Grand Canyon Square Dance Association (Arizona)
- General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Gold Coast Seventh Day Adventist School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (British)
- Generalized Convulsive Status Epilepticus
- Global Common Subexpression Elimination (compiler optimization)
- Google Custom Search Engine
- Green Chencinski Starkman Eles LLP (chartered accountants; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Global Coalition for Sustained Excellence in Food & Health Protection
- Grundy County Special Education Cooperative (Morris, IL)
- Grand Canyon State Electric Cooperative Association, Inc.
- Grating Coupled Surface Emitting Laser
- Germantown Community Scholarship Fund (Germantown, WI)
- Global Civil Society Forum
Samples in periodicals archive:
GCSE Marakas, Yi, and Johnson (1998) differentiated between task-specific measures of computer self-efficacy (TCSE) and general computer self-efficacy (GCSE).