The Advanced General Aviation Transportation Experiments alliance and its follow-on, the Small Aircraft Transportation System project, were public- private partnerships that advanced affordable new technologies, operating capabilities and industry standards, design guidelines, and certification for next-generation single pilot, near all-weather light airplanes.
What does GAT stand for?
GAT stands for General Aviation Transportation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAT
We have 142 other meanings of GAT in our Acronym Attic
- Gamers Against Terrorism
- Gate-Assisted Thyristor
- Gatling Gun
- Geek of All Trades
- General Achievement Test (Australia)
- General Admission Ticket
- General Air Traffic
- General Any Topic (forum website)
- General Anything Topic (general discussion forums)
- General Aviation Terminal (various locations)
- Generic Application Template
- Gerib Assistance Technique (French: Gerib Technical Assistance)
- Gestion Assistée de Trésorerie (French: Allied Cash Management)
- Gin And Tonic
- Girl About Town
- Global Access Table
- Global Advanced Technology (various locations)
- Global Air Traffic
- Global Assessment Tool (comprehensive soldier fitness)
- Goldmann Applanation Tonometry
Samples in periodicals archive:
Holmes, manager of its Advanced General Aviation Transportation Experiment, or AGATE - an industry/government consortium that is creating the concepts, systems, and hard ware to make this possible.
Coons is deeply involved in key industry groups at high levels, having recently been elevated from vice-chairman to chairman of the Advanced General Aviation Transportation Experiment (AGATE).
He is an active participant in NASA and was last week elevated from vice chairman to chairman of NASA's Advanced General Aviation Transportation Experiments (AGATE).
Wanting to re-emphasize the "aeronautics" in NASA, the agency launched the Advanced General Aviation Transportation Experiment (AGATE) in 1994, says Design News.