The United Nations General Assembly resolution backing the arms trade treaty was overwhelmingly passed by a vote of 154 to three, with 23 abstentions.
What does GAR stand for?
GAR stands for General Assembly Resolution (UN)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GAR
We have 93 other meanings of GAR in our Acronym Attic
- Guideline on Air Quality Models (US EPA)
- Green Apple Quick Step (post-grunge band)
- General Administration for Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (China)
- Get Active Queensland Schools Program (Australia)
- General Administration of Quality Supervision and Quarantine (China; import/export)
- Gambel's Quail (bird species Callipepla gambelii)
- Gagny Auto Rétro (French car associations)
- Gallatin Association of Realtors (Montana)
- Gate Acceptance Rate
- Gateway Access Request
- George A. Romero (film director)
- Gestion Axée sur les Résultats (French: Results-Based Management; various locations)
- Gestion des Aides Régionales (French: Management Regional Aids)
- Get A Room
- Gigabit Access Router
- Global Alliance Realty (Japan)
- Go Around (aviation)
- Golden Age of Radio (radio show)
- Government Affairs Representative
- Governors Authorized Representative
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ministry said that the Palestinian leadership has chosen to submit the draft resolution for vote on November 29th which coincides with the 65th anniversary of the UN General Assembly resolution which divided Palestine to two states, Israel and Palestine, and this day had been declared as the International Day to support the Palestinians.
New York, Muharram 16, 1434, November 30, 2012, SPA -- Three of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council joined the 138-9 passage of a General Assembly resolution Thursday calling Palestine a non-member state.
A General Assembly resolution on Palestinian statehood could also open the door to Palestinian participation as a state in other international fora, including at the International Criminal Court as well as a host of UN Specialised Agencies.
Sana'a: August 5 -- (BNA) The Yemeni Foreign Ministry dismissed as incorrect news reports that Yemen abstained from voting on the UN General Assembly resolution regarding the situation in Syria.
United Nation General Assembly Resolution Unilateral, Casts Responsibility on One Side The Russian Foreign Ministry stressed that the essence of the UN General Assembly's resolution on Syria suffers from unilateralism and casts responsibility on the Syrian government only.
Record numbers of countries voted in favor of UN General Assembly resolutions condemning -- which the United States accuses Iran of masterminding.
Although a US veto would significantly damage a bid for statehood -- all five permanent members of the security council, of which the US is one, have to agree for a motion to be passed -- General Assembly Resolution 377 termed the 'Uniting for Peace' Resolution, is being touted by some as the saving grace for the Palestinian bid.