The variant is located within a putative gene of unknown function in a region on chromosome 8 known to be one of the most frequently amplified chromosomal regions in prostate tumors.
What does GUF stand for?
GUF stands for Gene of Unknown Function
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GUF
We have 14 other meanings of GUF in our Acronym Attic
- Griffith University English Language Institute (Australia)
- General Union of Eelam Students (Sri Lanka)
- Guelph Undergraduate Engineering Society
- Green Universe Environmental Services Society (India)
- Greet, Understand, Educate, Satisfy, Thank
- Guaranteeing Uniform Enforcement to Stop Terrorism
- French Guiana (ISO Country code)
- Gaming Union Forums (gaming community)
- Gas Unaccounted For
- Generalized Unpostable Framework
- Global Union Federation
- Golden Ugly Face (band)
- Göteborgs Uppfinnareförening (German: Gothenburg Inventors Association)
- Gulfport (Amtrak station code; Gulfport, MS)
- Gabrielle Union Fan Club
- Georgia Urban Forest Council (Decatur, GA)
- Geylang United Football Club (Singapore)
- Get Up-and-over Fan Fund (science fiction fandom fund)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, both benzo[a]pyrene and clofibrate cause the same gene of unknown function (g2224669) to appear more abundantly in females than in males.
There can be three results: a "hit" to a gene of known function, a hit to a gene of unknown function (usually referred to as a conserved hypothetical protein), or no database match.