We conclude that the gene replacement therapy that will be evaluated in this trial has the potential to provide a substantial, durable benefit for the vision of these patients.
What does GRT stand for?
GRT stands for Gene Replacement Therapy
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GRT
We have 93 other meanings of GRT in our Acronym Attic
- Groningen Research School for the Study of the Humanities (Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Genetic Resources Science and Technology
- Gold Rush Snowmobile Trail (British Columbia, Canada)
- Greek and Roman Studies
- Goat Respiratory Syncytial Virus (veterinary science)
- Groundnut Ringspot Virus
- Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (gaming)
- Global Road Safety Week
- Guided Reading and Study Workbook
- George River Shear Zone (geology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But because the viruses don't insert themselves into the cell's DNA, that sort of gene replacement therapy is not a permanent solution, Rossi says.
Currently, the NGF is funding groundbreaking research on gene replacement therapy, which would ultimately cure Gaucher Disease.
New research on gene replacement therapy offers the hope of a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF).
He is best known in this field for leading the research team which employed gene replacement therapy to cure human cystic fibrosis cells in a laboratory culture.
This study represents an important first step in establishing the safety of gene replacement therapy for an important genetic disease.
15, 1995--A 20-year-old Santa Rosa woman will be the first patient in a unique Stanford University Medical Center study of gene replacement therapy for cystic fibrosis.