WENZHOU, CHINA--A Catholic singles event in the Wenzhou diocese illustrated the serious gender imbalance among Chinese under age 30.
What does GI stand for?
GI stands for Gender Imbalance
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GI
We have 35 other meanings of GI in our Acronym Attic
- Game Informer (video game magazine)
- Garuda Indonesia (airline)
- Gas Industry
- Gas Injector
- Gasherbrum I (26,470 ft. mountain near Pakistan-China)
- Gateway Integration
- Gegenschein Imager
- Gelbray International
Samples in periodicals archive:
The government wants to shame the women into marrying young to counter the population's growing gender imbalance, the report added.
Global Banking News-October 23, 2012--Mersch's appointment to ECB board resisted over gender imbalance issues(C)2012 ENPublishing - http://www.
Ninety-nine percent of married Somali women have no access to family planning's "one child" policy, which has led to a gender imbalance in favour of boys.
Critics blame the policy for creating gender imbalances -- sex-specific abortions are common and female infanticide and the abandoning of baby girls have also been reported.
The report blames financial struggles, discriminatory policies, and violence against girls in schools for the gender imbalance.
7) Population size and gender imbalance in some countries can be underestimated because men are predominant in migrating and can be overlooked in a census; in Russia, for example, many people don't know that the census of 2010 has taken place.
These and other social concerns are documented in a hard-hitting survey of gender imbalance and its social, religious, political and economic impact, and is a 'must' for any general lending library or college-level social issues shelf