Their HIV prevention services include the Phoenix Project for young gay men of color and women in recovery.
What does GMOC stand for?
GMOC stands for Gay Men Of Color
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GMOC
We have 3 other meanings of GMOC in our Acronym Attic
- GospelMusicOutlet.com (online music store)
- Grand Moyen-Orient (French: Greater Middle East)
- Grants Management Officer
- Greater Milwaukee Open (golf)
- Gross Me Out
- Group Member Organization
- Global Markets Operations/Middle Office (investment banking)
- Georgia Museum of Art (University of Georgia; Athens, GA)
- Government Medical Officers Association
- Gateway Mission Outreach Center (Thief River Falls, MN)
- General Medicine on Call
- General Motors Overseas Corporation
- Geology, Meteorology, Oceanography (course)
- Global Management Operations Center
- Global Market Operations Center
- Goodness & Mercy Outreach Church (Clarksville, TN)
- Grandmother of Child (social services)
- Green Mountain Orienteering Club
- Growth Management Oversight Commission (Chula Vista, CA)
- Growth Management Oversight Committee (Ferndale, Washington)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Drag for the gay men of color in Livingston's film was not entertainment--it was their way of responding to racism, poverty, sexism and homophobia.
The cancellation was a major blow to the show's fans too-many of them gay men of color who gravitated to the series because it was the first to center around people in whom they recognized themselves.
2000); the combined effects of internalized homophobia and racism on young gay men of color (Seal et al.
Other special career counseling interventions such as bibliotherapy (Belz, 1993; Brown, 1975; Croteau & Hedstrom, 1993) and cross-cultural career counseling with gay men of color (Chung & Katayama, 1998; Pope et al.
11) APLA is adapting the model to the particular needs of young, working-class, urban gay men of color in Los Angeles.
Here in the US they are disproportionately affecting young gay men of color.
Still, can you name two openly gay men of color with a thriving career in the entertainment industry?