And this was after he founded--and then split from-the Gay Men's Health Crisis a few years earlier.
What does GMHC stand for?
GMHC stands for Gay Men's Health Crisis (AIDS organization)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GMHC
We have 8 other meanings of GMHC in our Acronym Attic
- Green Mountain Horse Association
- Greene Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Greenwood Minor Hockey Association (Canada)
- Guam Memorial Hospital Authority
- Guelph Minor Hockey Association (Canada)
- Growth Management Hearings Boards (Washington state government)
- Greater Moncton Home Builders' Association (Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada)
- Greater Montgomery Home Builders Association (Montgomery, AL)
- Gay Men's Health Centre (HIV/AIDS organisation, Melbourne, Australia)
- Gay Men's Health Collective (clinic; Berkeley, CA)
- Global Missions Health Conference (Louisville, KY)
- Gloucester Maritime Heritage Center (Gloucester, MA)
- Greater Manchester Hazards Center Ltd
- Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation (est. 1970; Minneapolis, MN)
- George M. Holmes Convocation Center (Appalachian State University)
- General Motors Hughes Electronics
- Georgia Music Hall of Fame
- Geriatric Mental Health Foundation (American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry)
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund
- Grandfather Mountain Highland Games (North Carolina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Alain Robert, 45, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was told to perform community service at the Gay Men's Health Crisis.
Jack Mackenroth to debut signature campaign scarf at Gay Men's Health Crisis Fashion Forward fundraiser event NEW YORK, Nov.
A matter of priorities R&b star Kenny Lattimore has backed out of performing with Celine Dion and Michael Bolton at a Gay Men's Health Crisis AIDS benefit concern.
In April Steps raised $5,000 for DRA and Gay Men's Health Crisis in two performances at its Upper West Side studio, according to Steps artistic director Carol Paumgarten.
A lot of the society fund-raising he does now is for the Gay Men's Health Crisis.
The first major fundraising effort for AIDS services in New York City came not from the city, state, or federal government ("We have no epidemic, no AIDS crisis," said Deputy Mayor Victor Botnick in 1985), or even from a do-good foundation, but from a few dozen members of New York's pathbreaking Gay Men's Health Crisis who staged a circus at Madison Square Garden.
discoverer of a new class of anti-HIV drugs, and Larry Kramer, author and Founder of Gay Men's Health Crisis and ACT-UP, extol Dr.