One such system is developed in  for compression of hand-written documents and it uses the Gauss-Newton algorithm developed in  for fitting B-spline curves to pen strokes to achieve the needed efficiencies for a practical compression algorithm.
What does GNA stand for?
GNA stands for Gauss-Newton algorithm
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GNA
We have 55 other meanings of GNA in our Acronym Attic
- Guide Number (photography)
- Guinea (country code, top level domain)
- Gundam Nucleus
- Guidance, Navigation and Control Subsystem
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control/Mobile Transporter
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control/Propulsion
- Guidance Navigation and Control Subsystem
- Gaseous Nitrogen
- Good Night
- Galanthus Nivalis Agglutinin
- Gendarmeria Nacional Argentina (Spanish: Argentina National Gendarmerie; Argentine security force)
- Georgia Nurses Association
- Geriatric Nursing Assistant
- Ghana News Agency
- Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (environmental consulting firm; Santa Monica, CA)
- Global Needs Assessment (UN High Commissioner for Refugees)
- Globewide Network Academy
- Goldwater-Nichols DoD(Department of Defense) Reorganization Act (US DoD)
- Gone No Address (undelivered/returned mail)
- Good Neighbor Award
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Gauss-Newton algorithm is a modification of Newton's method for minimization developed for the particular case when the objective function can be written as a sum of squares.