Gastrointestinal stromal tumors that express S100 were formerly classified as gastrointestinal autonomic nerve tumors (37); however, this nomenclature has been abandoned since there is no clinical utility in separating gastrointestinal autonomic nerve tumors from GISTs.
What does GANT stand for?
GANT stands for Gastrointestinal Autonomic Nerve Tumor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GANT
We have 1 other meaning of GANT in our Acronym Attic
- Ganadería del Norte Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- Gesellschaft für Antike Philosophie eV (Germany)
- Genealogical Association of Nova Scotia (Canada)
- Generalized Autoimmunity of the Nervous System (immunology)
- Georgia Association of Nursing Students
- German Academy of Neurosurgery (est. 1996; Bethel, German)
- Global Access Navigation/Safety (USAF GATM program office)
- Granulomatous Angiitis of the Nervous System (neuropathology)
- Global Access Navigation Safety/ Joint Precision Approach and Landing System
- Grupo de Alto Nivel de Seguridad Fronteriza (Guatemala)
- Giant Axonal Neuropathy
- Greater Antilles Section (US Coast Guard)
- Greater Atlanta Nanjing University Alumni Association
- Groupe Évangélique pour la Nonviolence (French: Evangelical Group for Non-Violence)
- Glaucoma Associates of New York
- Guides Association of New York City (New York, NY)
- Gallery Association of New York State
- Gas Association of New Zealand
- German in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Gestalt Australia and New Zealand (psychotherapy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is a case report of a gastrointestinal autonomic nerve tumor (GANT), a subpopulation of GISTs, showing organoid or whorls patterns in most areas of the tumor.
The epithelioid variant of leiomyosarcoma, malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor, and gastrointestinal autonomic nerve tumor were also included in the differential diagnosis; however, the sprinkling of lymphocytes throughout the tumor, coupled with the storiform or whorled growth pattern of the spindle tumor cells in some areas, and the syncytial appearance of the tumor cells were important indications of an FDC sarcoma.