The fluid used in these thermal systems is liquid or gaseous nitrogen.
What does GAN stand for?
GAN stands for Gaseous Nitrogen
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GAN
We have 46 other meanings of GAN in our Acronym Attic
- Gaston Agricultural Mechanical and Textile Restoration Association (Gaston, NC; farm machinery restoration group)
- Gateway Area Macintosh Users Group (St. Louis, MO)
- Georgia Association of Music Theorists
- Governance and Management of Urban Transport (University of Melbourne; Australia)
- Governance and Management Using Technology (California School Boards Association)
- Get AOL (America Online) Music Videos (freeware)
- Geodesic Acoustic Mode Zonal Flow
- Gallium Nitride
- Gas Alarm Notification
- Gas Analysis
- Gateway Access Node
- Gateway ATM Network
- Geeks and Nerds (technology corporation in Huntsville, AL, USA)
- Generating and Analyzing Networks
- Generic Access Network (wireless communications)
- Giant Axonal Neuropathy
- Global Area Network
- Good As New
- Gosatomnadzor (Soviet NRC)
- Government Action Network (Amnesty International USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It has a 16 MCM/y plant within the GL2Z LNG complex at Bethioua, near Arzew (see gmt7AlgGasExpFeb11-13), as well as units to produce up to 33,000 t/y of liquid and gaseous nitrogen.
Conference attendees are invited to stop by Booth #403 to speak with a knowledgeable Air Products representative about the company's complete portfolio of offerings for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and life science applications, including: * Liquid nitrogen for storage and cryopreservation; * Liquid and gaseous nitrogen for lyophilization; * Nitrogen and argon inerting atmospheres; * Carbon dioxide for cell culture; * Oxygen for fermentation; and * Nitrogen, hydrogen, and helium for analytical instrumentation.
In the oxyfuel system, the air fed into the boiler has to be separated into liquid oxygen, gaseous nitrogen, argon and other trace gases and this process can use up to 15% of the power produced at the station.
A final section contains reports from the themed working groups of the workshop, debating such questions as the possibilities of integrating fertilizer and manure use, possibilities for controlling gaseous nitrogen emissions, the relative necessity of system studies, and possible improvements to the reliability and applicability of model answers.
Among the products supplied are bulk and gaseous nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen, argon and helium.
Originally, the Prism HPN System was designed specifically for customers seeking gaseous nitrogen at a flow rate of up to 3500 Nm3/hr.
SPO600-03-R-0336, issued by the Defense Logistics Agency, Defense Energy Support Center (DESC), for repair of the cathodic protection system for the gaseous nitrogen pipeline at Vandenberg Air Force Base (AFB), California.