A second EarthSky Clear Voices for Science podcast also released today features Carl Mesters, Chief Scientist of Shell, on the subject of gas-to-liquid technology for use in transportation fuels.
What does GTL stand for?
GTL stands for Gas-To-Liquid technology (natural gas, synthesis gas)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GTL
We have 71 other meanings of GTL in our Acronym Attic
- GIMP Tool Kit 2
- Gloucester Traditional Karate Association (Canada)
- Greenbrier Tae Kwon Do Academy (West Virginia)
- Getting to Know English Centre (est. 1997; South Africa)
- Getting to Know Each Other
- Global Transport Knowledge Partnership
- Group Transient Key Security Association (network encryption)
- Great Turtle Kayak Tours (Mackinac Island, MI)
- Getting to Know You
- Game Theory and the Law
- Gaseous Tritium Light
- Gem Trade Laboratory (Gemological Institute of America)
- Generalized Transmission Line (equations)
- Genetic Technologies Limited (Australia)
- Genetic Testing Laboratories (various locations)
- Genomes to Life (US Department of Energy Office of Science)
- Geomagnetic Tail Laboratory
- Georgia Tech Lorraine (Georgia Institute of Technology; Metz, France)
- Germanium, Tin and Lead (conference series)
- Gilway Technical Lamp
Samples in periodicals archive:
20, 2005): The refinery will use gas-to-liquid technology to convert natural gas into cleaner-burning diesel products, said Arnold Corneal, a spokesman for Trinidad's state-owned oil company, Petrotrin.
Synthesis gas is today used widely for the production of hydrogen and chemicals and many companies, including Blue Star, are using synthesis gas for their gas-to-liquid technology.