The Municipality of Leamington will use just over $1 million of its federal Gas Tax Fund transfer towards this project.
What does GTF stand for?
GTF stands for Gas Tax Fund (Canada)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GTF
We have 69 other meanings of GTF in our Acronym Attic
- Guide to Traffic Engineering Practice (Australia)
- Greater Than or Equal
- Gas Turbine Environmental Research Centre (Canada; National Research Council)
- Global Transport and Executive Systems (Boeing)
- Ground Transportation & Engineer Systems (US Marine Corps)
- Gebirgs Trachten Erhaltungs Verein (German)
- Guineafowl Transmissible Enteritis Virus (animal disease)
- Genotype-Tissue Expression
- Galactic Trade Federation (fictional, Star Wars)
- Gang Task Force
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Congressional Budget Office estimates that federal gas tax funds for highways will run out in 2013 and for transit programs in 2014.
Making permanent an annual per-capita transfer under the Gas Tax Fund will help to address their infrastructure needs.
He also has been seeking repayment of the gas tax funds the state has proposed taking.
The agreement operates under Building Canada, the Government of Canada's new long-term infrastructure plan, and gets $60 million of its total funding support from the Gas Tax Fund Agreement.
With the primary payment source of debt intended to be federal highway funds, the 24-year maturities planned for bonds issued under this program are a meaningful weakness at this rating level, but are offset by the pledge of state-controlled gas tax funds.
Through the Gas Tax Fund alone, the government has invested over $10 billion in transfers for local infrastructure priorities.
If Metro or Caltrans needs more money to feather their nests, stop the politicians from dipping into the Gas Tax Fund.