Consumers' rate plans include an automatic power supply cost recovery mechanism and a gas cost recovery mechanism to facilitate timely recovery of commodity costs.
What does GCR stand for?
GCR stands for Gas Cost Recovery
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GCR
We have 117 other meanings of GCR in our Acronym Attic
- Gifted Child Quarterly
- Global Care Quest (Aliso Viejo, CA)
- Group Climate Questionnaire (behavioral science)
- Graduate Certificate in Quality Assurance
- Glass City Quilt Commission (Toledo, OH)
- General Closed Queueing Network
- Global Coffee Quality Research Initiative (Texas A&M University; College Station, TX)
- Galactic Cosmic Ray/Radiation
- Galactic Cosmic Rays
- Gas Cost Rate
- Gas-Cooled Reactor
- Gateway for Cancer Research (Illinois)
- General Cargo Rates (shipping)
- General College Requirements (various locations)
- General Competition Rules
- General Conformity Rule
- General Counsel Roundtable (Corporate Executive Board)
- Generalized Cambridge Ring (semiconductors)
- Generalized Conjugate Residual
- Geological Characterization Report
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transmission and Distribution earnings were lower than expected due to a delay in gas cost recovery in Brazil.
1 million of costs previously recovered through base rates will now be recovered through the company's gas cost recovery rate.
Limited Commodity Exposure: The utilities have gas cost recovery mechanisms in place, with adjustments quarterly in Wyoming, semi-annually in Arkansas, and annually in Colorado and Nebraska.
On home gas bills the meter charge gets blended into the Gas Cost Recovery Adjustment charge, which also includes other gas-related costs such as the commodity cost of natural gas and gas storage expenses.
To foster gas customer choice, Duke Energy Ohio has also agreed to move approximately $5 million of carrying costs associated with gas inventory from the base rate to the Gas Cost Recovery mechanism.
Avista's ratings and Stable Outlook primarily reflect the balanced regulatory environment in the utility's service territory and effective energy and gas cost recovery mechanisms.
That gas is purchased on the wholesale market by Vectren on behalf of its sales customers, and its purchasing actions are subject to ongoing regulatory scrutiny by the PUCO under the state's Gas Cost Recovery (GCR) procedures to ensure those actions are reasonable.