Drink Safe Technologies, a leader in Date Rape Drug Protection solutions, announces that they have created an innovative solution that will detect Gamma Hydroxybutyrate (GHB) and Ketamine, the drug most commonly used to tamper a drink for date rape purposes.
What does G stand for?
G stands for Gamma Hydroxybutyrate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of G
- Federation of Zionist Youth (UK)
- Forum und Zweck Zwei (German: Forum and Purpose Too; magazine)
- Federacja Zwiazków Zawodowych Pracowników Kultury I Sztuki (Polish: Federation of Trade Unions of Workers of Culture and Arts; Warsaw, Poland)
- Dutch Guilder (national currency)
- Eastern Quebec (Canada Post designation)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Illinois (designates original point of circulation of a dollar bill)
- Galway (Irish car registration)
- Games Played (baseball)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB) and gamma butyrolactone (GBL) withdrawal: Five case studies.
Other topics discussed in the letter include the need for methods to ensure safe use of the drug, the sodium salt of gamma hydroxybutyrate, an endogenous neurotransmitter synthesized from gamma aminobutyric acid, which is also known as the "date rape" drug for its potent sedative effects.
Gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB) is a neuroactive substance that is currently used clinically under the name sodium oxybate (brand name Xyrem[R]), for the treatment of nareolepsy, and its use is being investigated for the treatment of other causes of excessive daytime sleepiness.
Gamma hydroxybutyrate became widely known on the rave scene in the 1990s.
Like many bodybuilders, he used gamma hydroxybutyrate, or GHB, when the product was legal and available in health food stores and other retail outlets.
Findings from experimental studies are discussed for drugs including cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana, nicotine, gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB)--the "date rape" drug, and organic solvents.
The test indicates the presence of gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB) or Ketamine in a drink and claims to give a reliable result within just three minutes.