It was found that more recent kava use was independently associated with higher levels of liver enzymes gamma glutamyl transferase (GGT) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP), but not with alanine aminotransferase (ALT) or bilirubin, which were not elevated (Clough 2003).
What does GGT stand for?
GGT stands for Gamma Glutamyl Transferase
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GGT
We have 80 other meanings of GGT in our Acronym Attic
- Geotechnical Graduate Student Society (University of California, Davis)
- German General Social Survey
- Golden Gate Summer Shootout (basketball; Vallejo, CA)
- Gravity Gradiometer Survey System
- Greenhouse Gas Storage Solutions
- Greifswald Graduate School of Science (Greifswald, Germany)
- Gotta Go, Swallowed Shaving Cream
- Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle
- Golden Gate Shih Tzu Fanciers (California)
- Government General Services Union (Mauritius)
- Gamma Glutamyl Transpeptidase
- George Town, Bahamas - Exuma International (Airport Code)
- God Given Talent (gaming clan)
- God's Got This
- Golden Gate Transit
- Gravity Gradient Torque
- Greater Green Triangle (Australia)
- Green Gene Technology
- Größter Gemeinsamer Teiler (German: Greatest Common Divisor)
- Grüne Gen Technologie
Samples in periodicals archive:
AST = aspartate transaminase, GGT = gamma glutamyl TRANSFERASE, HBDH = 1 OH bulyrate De Hase, GGT = [gamma]-glutamyl transferase.
In addition, patients with fatty liver disease had higher median BMI, ALT level, insulin resistance (based on pre-metformin homeostatic assessment), and gamma glutamyl transferase level, as well as a lower median fasting HDL cholesterol level, compared with women who did not have fatty liver disease.
Alcohol-dependent patients frequently have liver disease, one indicator of which is a rise in the plasma level of the enzyme gamma glutamyl transferase (GGT).
Recent receipt of 510(k) market clearance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the liver enzyme test, gamma glutamyl transferase (GGT), has enabled the company to market this product.