After Game Neverending failed to live up to its name, it was that photo application that became Flickr and the focus of the attentions of Butterfield, the possessor of a first in philosophy from Cambridge, and his wife.
What does GNE stand for?
GNE stands for Game Neverending (MMORPG)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GNE
We have 30 other meanings of GNE in our Acronym Attic
- General Neuropsychological Deficit Score
- Great Northern Data Supplies (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Generic Nomic Data Tracker (internet game tool)
- Good Neighbor Dog Training (Twin Falls, ID)
- Gruppo Nazionale Difesa Terremoti (Italian: National Group for Earthquake Protection)
- Garda National Drugs Unit (Ireland)
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- Guru Nanak Dev University Alumni Association
- Green Normalized Difference Vegetative Index (botany)
- Game Networking Engine
- Gateway Network Element (data communications)
- Genentech (former stock symbol, now DNA)
- General Network Error
- Genootschap Nederland-Engeland (Dutch: Netherlands-England Society)
- Global Network Enterprise
- Global Network Expert Communications Corporation
- Glossop North End (UK soccer)
- Good News Edition (Bible)
- Good News Enterprise
- Graphical Network Editor (Nortel)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The core of Flickr is the platform we've developed for one of our other projects, Game Neverending, a game based on social interactions," said Ludicorp President Stewart Butterfield.
Its co-founders, Stewart Butterfield and Caterina Fake, were designing Game Neverending, a massive multi-player online game, and realised that they would need a photo-sharing module.