The team also incorporated ultraviolet measurements of KOI-256 taken by the Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX), a NASA space telescope now operated by the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena.
What does GALEX stand for?
GALEX stands for Galaxy Evolution Explorer (NASA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Gaseous and Liquid Effluent
- Gay and Lesbian Educators
- Generic Area Limitation Environment (US DoD)
- Genesis of Atlantic Lows Experiment
- Global Autonomous Language Exploitation (DARPA)
- Georgia Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors
- Gay and Lesbian Elder Housing
- Generalised Architecture for Languages, Encyclopaedias, and Nomenclatures in Medicine
- Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials
- Genetic Algorithms in Engineering Systems Innovations and Applications
- Give a Life Foundation (organ and tissue donation)
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid-Like Factor
- Groupement des Anthropologues de Langue Française (Group of French Language Anthropologists)
- Grupo de Lesbianas Feministas (Spanish: Lesbian Feminist Group)
- Gulf Adhesive Labels Factory
- Grinnell Area Local Foods Alliance (Iowa)
- Georgia Agri-Leaders Forum Foundation
- Gay and Lesbian Foundation of Long Island (New York)
- George A. Lottier Golf Foundation (Atlanta, GA)
- Glogowska Amatorska Liga Halowa (Polish: Amateur Indoor Soccer League of Glogow)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now a team of astronomers from the United States, Chile and Brazil has crowned it the largest-known spiral, based on archival data from NASA's Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX) mission.
TRAGIC BEAUTY In this NASA image a dying star is throwing a cosmic tantrum in this combined image from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope and the Galaxy Evolution Explorer.
Recent SMEX missions on which Orbital has played a key role include the Reuven Ramaty High Energy Solar Spectroscopic Imager (RHESSI), launched aboard Pegasus in February 2002, and the Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX), built by Orbital and launched aboard Pegasus in April 2003.
Washington, January 11 ( ANI ): A team of astronomers has crowned the spectacular barred spiral galaxy NGC 6872 the largest-known spiral, based on archival data from NASA's Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX) mission.
WASHINGTON, May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA is lending the Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX) to the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in Pasadena, where the spacecraft will continue its exploration of the cosmos.
Recorded by the orbiting observatory known as the Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX), the images show that about 20 percent of spiral galaxies appear to harbor clusters of newborn stars in the galactic equivalent of Siberia.
The Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX) is a NASA space ultraviolet Small Explorer mission that will map the global history and probe the causes of star formation over 80 percent of the life of the Universe.