We have shown previously (6-8) that this is also true for the urinary excretion of two collagen breakdown products, galactosyl hydroxylysine (Gal-Hyl)  and deoxypyridinoline (DPD).
What does Gal-Hyl stand for?
Gal-Hyl stands for Galactosyl Hydroxylysine
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Groupe d'Action Locale (French: Local Action Group)
- Grow and Learn (algorithm)
- Grün Alternative Liste (German: Green Alternative List)
- Grupos Antiterroristas de Liberación (Spain)
- Guarantee against Loss (insurance; various locations)
- Guaranteed Access Level
- Guardian ad Litem
- Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory
- Guild of American Luthiers
- Guinea Airways, Ltd.
- Gallons Per Hour
- Gardner Area League of Artists (Massachusetts)
- Gay And Lesbian Acceptance
- Gay And Lesbian Alliance
- Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition
- Geschwindigkeitsabhängige Lautstärkeanhebung (German: Speed depending volume increase, radios)
- Global Advertising Lawyers' Alliance
- Global Aviation Leadership Award
- Globalization and Localization Association (trade association)
- Gospel Archiving in Los Angeles
Samples in periodicals archive:
Urinary galactosyl hydroxylysine increases with aging and might be a useful marker in patients with osteoporosis.
Clinical performance of galactosyl hydroxylysine, pyridinoline, and deoxypyridinoline in postmenopausal osteoporosis.