However, recent studies have discovered harmful side effects, such as nephrogenic systemic fibrosis, stemming from the use of this contrast agent in some patients, forcing the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to place restrictions on the clinical use of gadolinium.
What does GD stand for?
GD stands for Gadolinium
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GD
We have 29 other meanings of GD in our Acronym Attic
- Gold Coast Youth Service (Australia)
- Guadalupe County Youth Show (Texas)
- Granite Country Youth Soccer Association (Marble Falls, TX)
- Greater Canonsburg Youth Soccer Association (Pennsylvania)
- Gulf Coast Youth Soccer Club (Texas)
- Gold Country Youth Soccer League (Grass Valley, CA)
- General Commercial Zone (Philippines)
- Grand Canyon Zone
- Grasshopper Club Zurich (soccer club; Zurich, Switzerland)
- G-Dragon (South Korean recording artist)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The FDA required manufacturers of five gadolinium contrast agents to strengthen boxed warnings on their products to minimize the risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in some patients with kidney dysfunction.
For more information: Gadolinium Safety Announcement http://www.
Wilson has looked specifically at structures into which gadolinium has been inserted as potential contrast agents for high resolution magnetic resonance imaging.
Dodgers closer Eric Gagne will undergo a second MRI involving a more revealing gadolinium dye on his ailing right elbow Tuesday in Los Angeles.
Characteristics of gadolinium that make it favorable as a contrast agent include its high paramagnetism and its exceptionally long electronic relaxation time.
Some lesions were multiloculated and demonstrated a thin rim enhancement following gadolinium administration.
Gadolinium enhancement" sees active inflammation Gadolinium is a contrast agent.