Digilog will integrate both Agilent's industry-leading signaling- monitoring solution, acceSS7, and the acceSS7 location for Abis monitoring system, which observes GSM radio access networks to provide the RF channel information that is required for location-based wireless services such as E-911.
What does GRAN stand for?
GRAN stands for GSM Radio Access Network
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GRAN
- Grid Resource Allocation and Management
- Groupe de Recherche et d'Actions Contre la Marginalisation au Kivu (French)
- Government Records Access and Management Act (Utah)
- Grandmothers, Mothers, and More for Energy Safety
- Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System (free software project)
- Geriatric Record and Multidisciplinary Planning System
- Guardrail Airborne Mission Planning Station
- Generalized Reliability & Maintainability Simulator (Model)
- Geraldton Regional Aboriginal Medical Service (Bentley, Western Australia, Australia)
- Generic Radio Access Network
- Global Resources for Affordable Neighborhood Development (New York)
- GOOS (Global Ocean Observing System) Regional Alliances Network Development (international ocean monitoring consortium)
- Graphene-based Nanoelectronic Devices
- Great Recycling and Northern Development Canal (water management proposal; Canada and US)
- Group on Research Advancement and Development (Association of American Medical Colleges)
- Geographically Referenced Analysis and Information Transfer (University of New Hampshire)
- D-Glyceraldehyde 3-Phosphate
- Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (South Africa)
- Ghana Research and Advocacy Programme (also seen as G-RAP)
- Gray Partridge (bird species)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Somafone network is based on Tecore's iBSS Super-Capacity GSM Radio Access Network (RAN), featuring: high channel capacity and quad-band operation; bandwidth and backhaul optimization; footprint and power minimization; and RAN sharing support.
We're continuing to meet our commitment to deliver a portfolio of GSM radio access network and core solutions that meets the needs of operators today while providing service investment protection for the future, and have recently introduced a 2G circuit core to complete our end-to-end GSM offering," said Michael Krutz, vice president and general manager of the GTSS GSM Systems Division.
today announced that its Vanu Software Radio(TM) GSM radio access network (RAN) has achieved interoperability approval from Nortel Networks.
This approach allows U-TDOA to work across all GSM radio access network vendors' infrastructure utilizing all types of handsets to allow emergency personnel to direct services to 911 callers.
Equipment deliveries of Base Station Subsystem (BSS) and Network Subsystem (NSS), which include GSM radio access network infrastructure as well as Mobile Switching Center and Home Location Register, have already begun and network rollout is scheduled for completion by the end of October 2003.
As part of the agreement, TELOS will engineer, furnish and install the GSM system, including wireless softswitch, HLR, Authentication Center and GSM radio access network.
The system will consist of GSM Radio Access Networks on three islands, connected to each other and to the TELOS Sonata SE wireless softswitch located in Los Angeles, California.