Gimp is the acronym for GNU Image manipulation Program and it is an cross-platform application for making or modification of 2D raster images.
What does GIMP stand for?
GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GIMP
- Greater Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (Turkey)
- Graduate Industrial Mathematics Modelling Camp (University of Regina; Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Graded-Index Multimode Fiber
- Geographic Information Mapping and Manipulation System
- Global Integrated Maintenance Management System
- Global Inventory Monitoring and Modeling Studies
- Global Interactive Marketing Online (UK)
- Global Internet Maintenance Organization :-)
- Gruppo Italiano Movimenti Oculari (Italian: Italian Group Ocular Movements)
- Generic Incursion Management Plan (Australia)
- Grandpa in My Pocket (TV show)
- Graphics and Image Manipulation Program (software)
- Great Internet Mersenne Prime (prime number collaborative; free computer software)
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- Golgi Integral Membrane Protein, Cis
- General Internet Messaging Protocol for Signaling
- Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search
- Global Interactive Media Recruitment (UK)
- General Insurance Market Research Association (London)
- Geodesy, Intelligence and Mapping Research and Development Agency
Samples in periodicals archive:
The heavy hitter among free image editors is GIMP, which stands for Gnu Image Manipulation Program (gimp.
95 Paperback T385 After walking through tasks commonly performed with the open source GNU image manipulation program (GIMP), 50 tutorials explain how to add effects to digital photographs, create simple graphics for web pages, design advertisements, transform text into eye-catching graphic messages, and build a user interface for a media player.
The website will also offer seven free downloadable NUWAVE filters for use in the plug-in for the popular Linux imaging application called GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP).
The Linux penguin is a creation of Larry Ewing and The Gimp: GNU Image Manipulation Program.