Until very recently, the Navy was flying a radio altimeter satellite called GEOSAT Follow-on and that satellite, although not optimized for climate change conditions, helped contribute toward understanding both sea level rise and the warming temperatures and thermal expansion of the ocean.
What does GFO stand for?
GFO stands for GEOSAT (Geophysical/Geodetic Satellite) Follow-On
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GFO
We have 32 other meanings of GFO in our Acronym Attic
- Greyhound Friends of New Jersey (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary (California)
- Google First Name Rank (search engine optimization)
- Gordon Freeman Never Wins (GameFAQs)
- Grantmakers Forum of New York (Rochester, NY)
- Gain From Operations
- GameFan Online
- General Finance Overview
- General Flake-Off (polite form)
- Geographical Failover
Samples in periodicals archive:
The low-resolution view of the global seafloor provided by recently published GEOSAT maps provides a host of tantalizing targets for further investigation.
Cheney, National Ocean Service, for outstanding achievement in using GEOSAT satellite altimeter data to obtain a new and revolutionary view of the 1986-87 El Nino; Stephen B.
Segment backlog, however, is at a record level, buoyed in part by a third quarter award of a $46 million contract to build a GEOSAT Follow-On satellite for the U.
BALL CORPORATION AWARDED NAVY GEOSAT FOLLOW-ON SATELLITE CONTRACT MUNCIE, Ind.