Barlow recently retired from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) as Director for Online GEOINT Services.
What does GVS stand for?
GVS stands for GEOINT (Geospatial Intelligence) Visualization Services (US DoD)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GVS
We have 56 other meanings of GVS in our Acronym Attic
- Green Valley Ranch Resort (Las Vegas, NV)
- Glenn Vaughn Restoration Services, Inc. (Post Falls, ID)
- Global Vertical Reference System
- Gang Violence Reduction Team (Portland, OR)
- Grand Valley Regional Transportation Committee (Colorado)
- Green Valley Republican Women (Henderson, NV)
- Gross Vehicle Rated Weight
- Gage Variation Study
- Gas Venting System
- General Vision Services
- Gift Voucher Shop
- Girls Varsity Soccer (various schools)
- Glass Vision System
- Global Value Sourcing (supply chain management)
- Global Vision System
- Global Voices Summit (Global Women; Pelham, AL)
- Golden Valley Supply
- Goyt Valley Striders (UK)
- Grande Vitesse Systems, Inc (San Francisco, California)
- Great Vowel Shift (English language development)
Samples in periodicals archive:
INTERNET BUSINESS NEWS-(C)1995-2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS High-resolution earth imagery solutions provider DigitalGlobe (NYSE: DGI) has unveiled its My DigitalGlobe cloud services platform at GEOINT 2012, a national intelligence event.
Exelis is previewing ENVI Services Engine at the GEOINT 2012 Symposium, Oct.
Neil Thompson, Managing Director, Westfield Consulting Group and Former Director Geospatial Intelligence, Canada Defence HQ, recently emphasized on the importance of the conference for future modernisation: "Geospatial Intelligence Middle East is the ideal opportunity to review advances and to evaluate the multitude of ways in which GEOINT can now be utilised by the agencies and organisations tasked with protection against this multitude of threats and is a must-attend event for anyone looking to advance their own use of GEOINT.
Part of its mission is to support combat operations by providing timely Geospatial intelligence, or GEOINT, to soldiers and officers on the battlefield or in theater.
GEOINT consists of imagery, imagery intelligence, and geospatial information.
The employment of GEOINT in current tactical operations is highlighted by contributions from the field.
GEOINT is the exploitation and analysis of imagery and geospatial information to describe, assess, and visually depict physical features and geographically referenced activities on the Earth.