Detroit Future City is the result of the Detroit Works Project, a long-term planning initiative launched more than two years ago by Mayor Dave Bing.
What does FC stand for?
FC stands for Future City
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FC
We have 109 other meanings of FC in our Acronym Attic
- Fundación del Centavo (The Penny Foundation; Guatemala)
- Funnel Cloud (METAR weather)
- Fuori Campo (Italian: Out of Field)
- Furnace Container
- Further Confusion (anthropomorphic convention)
- Fusion Center
- Futball Club (soccer)
- Future Capabilities
- Future Century (G-Gundam)
- Future Consumption (food and beverage industries)
- Future Crew
- Fire Control Computer
- Field Command, Defense Atomic Support Agency
- Flood Control and Coastal Emergency program
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf Railroad
- Fire, Casualty and Surety
- Field Champion and Amateur Field Champion (American Kennel Club; dog pedigree)
- Fibre Channel-Arbitrated Loop
Samples in periodicals archive:
The results will be made public and we look forward to seeing some exciting future city demonstrator proposals.
The result of visitors' decisions will be revealed in the Future City at the end of the exhibition.
Remains of a Future City was completed during the Arts & Humanities Research Council fellowship in the Creative and Performing Arts which Zoe currently holds in the School of English.
Beginning last fall, thousands of middle school students began to tackle that question in the 2009 National Engineers Week Future City Competition [TM].
During the day, several visiting architects had privately commented that the Moss design was the only one among the submissions that took a realistic view of building a future city on an existing metropolis.
In this respect, Future City is instructive, emphasising as it does the power of the informing design idea to transform local environments, and entire cities at some psychological level.
This is a specialized mapping technology that enables local units of government to coordinate their resources, exercise judicious caution in the expenditure of funds, and facilitate future city and county planning.